2715 RT 44, Millbrook NY, 12545
(845) 677-8011 ext. 3

Ag Assessments

Now Accepting Requests Online!

Dutchess County Soil and Water is now accepting Soil Group Worksheets virtually. We urge you to get your requests to us as soon as possible.

A fillable Request form can be found below. The second page of the PDF gives instructions for filling out the form. After you have filled it out (one per parcel), you may email your request form and support map to admin@dutchessswcd.org

Soil Group Worksheet Request Form

To create a support map, please screenshot or print to save an aerial shot of your parcel, and mark the areas that you have in production. Our technicians will only map the areas you indicate and cannot complete your request without this map. Aerial maps can be found using Dutchess County Parcel Access.

Payments can be made through our PayPal Account by following the link below. Each parcel is $40.00. Please make a note of the last 6 digits of the parcels you are paying for at the time of purchase, as your PayPal information may not match the landowner information. 


Indicate on the request form if you prefer to pick up the completed worksheet, or have it mailed to you.

Agricultural Value Assessments-
Soil Group Worksheet

A Soil Group worksheet lists the soil types that you have on your property. It tells how many acres of each soils group that you have in production (farmed) only. Your Town Assessor will use this worksheet, along with the application to help determine your tax assessment.

New York State Board of Real Property Tax Services


Visit New York States Office Of Real Property Service (NYS ORPS) web page.

Find information and tax forms.

* RP-305 Form

* RP-305-r Form

Not sure about your Tax information? Cant find a tax bill? Find Your information on the Dutchess County Parcel Access website

Ag Value Questions
  • When should I request a soil group worksheet for an agricultural value assessment?

Soil Group worksheets can be requested at any time of the year but are due to the District for the current year of filing by February 15.  Completed soil group worksheets and tax forms are due to your assessor by March 1st. 

  • How do I contact the District office?

We can be reached by phone at 677-8011, ext 3.  We do not accept faxed requests due to our policy that payment must be received with request.  Mail it or fill out in the office at 2715 Route 44, Suite 3, Farm and Home Center, Millbrook, NY  12545.

  • Does the District office file the worksheet?

No.  We do not file these worksheets with the assessor.  That is up to the landowner or their agent.  The worksheets require a landowner signature and the signature of the District Staff.  We will mail them to you if requested to do so.  Otherwise, our policy is to call you when the worksheet is done and you may pick it up in our office.  

  • Can I pick it up on a Saturday?

No.  Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

  • What is the fee for the worksheet?

Currently, our fee is $40.00 per parcel.  This is subject to change, so please verify the total amount before writing your check.

  • Can I pay by credit card?

No.  We do not have a way of processing credit cards. You may pay for your request by submitting payment through PayPal. 

  • Is that all there is to file for an agricultural value assessment?

You will need to have a form known as RP-305 if you are filing for the first time or a 305-R if you are renewing your ag value assessment.  You must turn in this form each time you apply for your ag value assessment.  You can get this form from your town’s assessor or it can be downloaded from the web.  For more information on filing an Agricultural Value Assessment, go to the following web site http://www.tax.ny.gov/research/property/legal/stbd/index.htm

  • How are agricultural values determined?